Tuesday 25 February 2014

February Favourites - 2014

So, I know February's not over yet, but it's close enough that I don't think I'll have any more favourite products. This month was great because I made a trip to the United States (Hawaii!) were I was able to pick up some products not offered in Canada and all the drugstores, high streets and high-end shops came out with their new Spring Lines! I bought way too much stuff and discovered lots of favourite new products but since this was the Month of Love my colour choices are based around that. (I even found some romance myself this month! Shh! Don't tell anybody!)


It was hard to choice just a few products, but I thought of it in the way of "what could I have not lived without this month?" And I think that's a good way to think of it. What would have made my month miserable if I hadn't had? And these were my top 7 products. Why 7 products? I don't know, just how it happened. Will it be 7 next month? Maybe. Maybe not. Not going to be super particular on that.

Doing a favourites blog post has been something I've wanted to do for a while, but to be honest; I'm still very new to the makeup community. You know; all those people who understand how to wear, apply and choose cosmetics. I'm still learning. I only really started wearing makeup last Summer (less than a year ago!) and only just found out how to properly apply blush! (If anyone wants a video or post on that, I can do it now!). One thing I want for you as my viewers to understand is, I'm not an expert. I'm not a guru or anything like that. I like cosmetics, I understand colours, what to wear when, how to wear certain colours together, and I'm good with keeping up with trends and what's in style. So I am here for you! To share my life, my story, my reviews, what I learn, and my own personal secrets! So this is my first favourites and I hope you enjoy! 

Ps. I plan on making more blog posts, hopefully once a week, but we'll see.


I'm going to start with the products that pump up the colour! One thing to remember is, it's still winter but we're slowly edging into spring. So! We still need to stay fairly winter colourized, while adding bits and bobs of springy colours. In spring pastels are your best friend. Remember that as we jump into spring.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in 425 Blue-Away
So I actually bought this at the start of the winter thinking it would be a nice icy colour to wear, but I only wore it once and to be honest it felt way too bright and summery. I ended up wearing lots of reds and gold. I actually pulled this colour out for my trip to Hawaii and it was still on my nails when I got back. Since I've slowly been wearing more springy colours. It seemed to really work and because of that, I feel in love and it's been on my nails all month. It's a nice transition colour from winter to spring. The blue for winter and in a pastel for spring! The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri are some of my favourite Nail Polish's, purely because they only need one coat and they dry quickly. Perfect for me since I mess them up ALL the time.

Sephora + Pantone Universe Jumbo Waterproof Eye Pencil in Elderberry
I got this and the eyeliner in the US while I was there. The Sephora's in the states carry a few things that Canada doesn't, so I made sure to stop and look around for about... an hour or two? My family went through the whole mall before I left Sephora and the only thing that got me out was the promise of ice-cream and a new swimsuit. I've always been told purples are great for hazel eyes and since I was cursed with these bad boys I thought I should finally buy some purple products (yes.. that's my excuse..). I did, and I don't regret it at all. I love this Chubby stick! Easy to apply and super pigmented. I'm pretty sure these were limited edition and actually aren't in circulation anymore, so if you can get your hands on one then do.

Sephora + Pantone Universe Rare Brilliance Liner in Hortensia
Again; this is from my trip to the States. It was part of a kit with 3 eye liners. A black, green and the purple. The black is... black. The green isn't very good for me (well. Cody asked me if I had mould under my eyes..). But the purple was something special. The colour was like a perfect purple for my eyes, to really make them pop and it stays on FOREVER! I usually have a lot of problems with eyeliners but this one is amazing and not as dark the black, so it's great for a "not to heavy" look. LOVING IT! Again, it was limited edition and is not for sale anymore. Check E-Bay? Amazon?

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 17
I'm sure if you have read my blog you know how much I love the Rimmel Kate Moss collection. If I could fall in love with lipstick, this would be the brand. And this colour; perfect for February. The colour is like this rich but calm pink. I think it's the perfect Valentines day colour. And I pretty much wore it all month. Been loving the colour and again it's great for spring. Pastel is what to focus on and this is a great pink for the season. Perfect for work, school, really more of a day colour. But my absolute favourite right now.


Last off our secret weapons, the products people don't ask about, but leave that lasting impression of flawless and natural beauty!

Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black
I bought this as a travel size mascara for me to take with me places and I know use it more then any other tube of mascara. Why? I love the brush and the actual liquid. The brush is this great hourglass shape that helps volumize and the liquid is think and great helps brighten the whole face. I have never dealt with too much mascara on the brush and never to little. Perfect! I think I'll have to buy a bigger size of this.

Rimmel Stay Mate Primer
Okay. This is where I go crazy. If I had to choose one product for the month, it would be this. I had never worn a full face primer before. Never thought they did much to be honest and I tried this and at first I was like "All right, it's cool, whatever." One day though, I didn't have time to put any makeup on before school, so I just left with just primer on. By the time I got to school and looked in a mirror. I was surprised to see redness mostly gone, no shine and it was just an overall nice look. Since then I can't get enough. I recommend it to everybody, my best friend, random girls at school. Even a few boys who have tried it and now use it. Yep. The power of this primer.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 100 Ivory
Lastly is this wonderful foundation!
 I learnt about it on You Tube from people such as Zoella and Glitteralittle (Links below), I heard them all raving about this foundation and I've never been much of a liquid foundation person, but I thought I better try it out. I did and I generally really like it. I like the consistency. I might was a tad lighter colour, but it's fine when I wear a lighter setting powder. It great to pop it on in the morning as a medium coverage foundation. My only problem is I am Matte person, not a radiant glow kinda person. And it adds a bit of glow so I end up using a matting powder on top of it. But it lasts all day and it really is just an amazing foundation.


These are my February Favourites! I hope you enjoyed them and if you have an questions or concerns, just ask! I will try to post more entries. I really want to get into it. So. I will try my best.


Link to Zoella Here
Link to Glitter a Little Here

No comments:

Post a Comment