Thursday 19 June 2014

Review: ELF Moisturizing Lipstick






Canada started opening Targets a few years ago and to be honest, its not that popular among Canadian's but I do like the selection of makeup available. I recently noticed they carried ELF products and decided to buy 2 of the lipsticks because they are never in-stock online. They were both $4 each, which for the studio brand is an extra dollar (but you have to take shipping into consideration), but when I do buy online from ELF I usually spend about $40 and get a whole package of free makeup - so with shipping being only about $9 to Canada - is like $3.10 for each product I receive. So I'm still debating whether I'll buy in-store again.

I bought the Pink Minx (on the Right for swatches) and Rosy-Go-Round (Left) for the Moisturizing Lipstick, but there were only 3 colours to chose from (not much variety or selection in-store). The packaging is very attractive and not overly cheap looking. Very slick and modern. The lipstick rolled on easily and smoothly but I had to press fairly hard to get the colour I wanted. It also felt very thick and plastic like (not exactly what I am looking for..), but the lipsticks are both very pigmented and show amazing colour!

It's not something I would buy again and I'm not even sure if I'll get my use out of it. If I had an "out of 5 star" scale, it would be a 1 or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment