Thursday 30 April 2015

Mini Haul and Review: Simple, Olay Fresh Effects and More!






Recently I went a little crazy on skin care products, but it's totally okay! Right?
Being a university student means that I am generally broke, so I've been wanting to find products within my price range that will work for my in-between teen and young adult skin. For me this means an oily t-zone, but luckily no pimples. Recently my biggest skin concerns have been blackheads, the oily t-zone, and redness in my cheeks and chin.
I think skin care is one of the best things to try out and see what works for you and to see what gives you the results you want. I went to my local drugstore (London Drugs and Shoppers) and found a few too many things including skin care and hair, it's been a few weeks so I have tried them out, so I'll give a little review on the product and what I think!

Hair
Got 2b rockin' it Dry Shampoo
I've bought this product before and it is dry shampoo that I am in love with! It smells like Fruit Loops and matcha, and anything that smells like that must be good! But it actually is really amazing at getting rid of the oil in your hair and it only costs about $6!

Aveeno living colour "Colour Preserving Shine Glaze"
This was in the clearance section and I thought I would give it a try. I plan on dying my hair darker soon and I tried this a while ago and the colour faded very quickly so I thought if I use this after my shower it might help keep in some of that colour!

Orgnx Coconut and Macadamia Oil Intensive Repair Treatment
Also in clearance, I've heard great things about Orgnx, and the fact that it had coconut oil in it really drew me in. I've used it a couple time and so far I'm loving the way it feels in my hair and I do think I am starting to see my hair getting a little bit healthier.

Skin Care
Olay Fresh Effects SPF 15 Moisturizer
I wanted to try the Fresh Effects brand for awhile (those damn advertisements) so I choose three! This is just your average everyday cleanser with SPF, it was a fairly reasonable price (under $15) and if you need something simple for summer, this is a great product!

Olay Fresh Effects Shine Minimizing Cleanser
I find that this product doesn't really work for me (many shine minimizing products don't), but again, its a nice simple product that gets the job done as far and cleansing. 

Olay Fresh Effects Eye Awakening Cream
This Fresh Effects product has impressed me so far. I pop this on under my eyes when I wake up and I do see I change in my (you've been over studying) bags. So, so far this is a great product I want to finish!

Simple Soothing Facial Toner
Simple is also a brand I have recently learnt about (damn YouTube!) And we have recently been able to find Simple in stores in Canada, so again, I had to try it out! I am so far loving this toner. Its nothing special, just your every day toner, but its exactly what you want on an everyday basis. And I love the cold effect it leaves on your face, especially in the mornings when I'm trying to wake up!

Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes
This have also been a hit so far, I don't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis, so I wipe like this is perfect to take off what ever is left on my face at the end of the day (and then I tone and moisturize), and again, just like the name, a simple every day product!

I hope you all enjoyed this and maybe got some inspiration to try some of these products! Please tell me what you think and how you get on with them!

Brittany Haines


No comments:

Post a Comment