Thursday 28 April 2016

My Eyeshadow Palette Collection - 2016



I love palettes. Eyeshadow palettes allow us to have a lot of colours available to us; some that we will use and some we won't ever use. But generally, I find it less expensive to buy a palette then a single eyeshadow.
I used to have quite a few more palettes, but after careful consideration and trying to remember how old some of them were, I figured these eight were the ones I used the most and were worthy of staying in my collection.

So here is a bit about what I think regarding each palette:
Note: They will be linked - 'Here' - if they are still available.

NARSissist Eye Palette
This palette was highly raved about, which made me want it even more. However, once I actually had it, I found myself reaching for other palettes or eyeshadows a lot more than this one. The pigmentation is amazing and the quality is great, but I find the colours themselves a little dark for my taste. I only use about six of the fifteen colours, and I can easily find those six in other palettes I own. The main reason I keep it is because it has a variety of purples that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint
I could live off of just this palette alone. I love the colours, very pigmented and they easily stay on all day. This palette is also great to travel with because it's a bit smaller and it fits perfectly into a handbag or makeup bag! The pinks and bronzes are colours I go for the most regardless of brand, and I use the dark browns for either my eyebrows (if I don't have a matte one available) or as a liner. They are all shimmers however, just something to be aware of.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette Here
This little palette is also great for travelling. I usually take this one and the Kat Von D on holiday with me. This palette has all matte neutral shades that I usually want to have on me. It is very compact, so you can take it anywhere. This is a must have for me.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette Here
This was the first palette I ever bought for myself, it was on a boxing day. I didn't care that I had to wait in long lineups, I wanted that palette right then and there. To be honest, this is one of the best makeup purchase I have ever made. I like to wear a lot of pinks and this gave me a wide range of shades that I can match up with similar blushes or with what I'm wearing. If you love pinks, this is for you.

Lancome Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Sienna Sultry Here
This is my most recent palette and I chose it as a travel palette to take the place of the Naked Basics and the Kat Von D. I wanted one palette that would incorporate my most used colours for travel and this one did a pretty good job. It has a base colour, an eyebrow colour, a liner colour and a pink and bronze (which I love). I haven't used it yet, but I'm hoping this little compact baby will be all I need from now on!

MAC Duo Palette in Expensive Pink - A35 and Cranberry - A16
My relationship with MAC has kind of struggled, I didn't really discover it till after I had found other products that I loved. So recently I have been dipping into the MAC pool and trying some of their eyeshadows, lip products, (I plan on trying some brushes soon) etc. to see if I can be converted to the MAC cult. I made this little palette a few months ago and have so far liked the quality of the shadows, plus it's cute and little. Cute and little is always good.

Stila Eyeshadow Palette in In the Light
This was one of my first palettes and is one of my favourites. I use ever single colour except the blue (blue just doesn't suit me). It's an easy palette with a good mixture of mattes and shimmers and it's a great first palette to play around with. Highly highly recommend. Sadly they don't sell this exact palette anymore but they have a similar one called 'Soul' that I will be buying next [Here].

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection Here
This is probably my most fun palette out of all of them, with a wider range of colours (sadly the lid covers some of them in the picture) and it smells like chocolate. Thank you, Too Faced. This is the palette I reach for when I want to play with some greens or experiment with. It's still not a super bright or  colourful palette compared to some, but it has a wonderful mixture of neutrals that are bit out of the ordinary that you can have a lot of fun with.

All of these palettes are perfect for me. I love the colours and the quality. I find it worth it to buy luxury eyeshadows because they go on a lot nicer and stay on a lot longer, with better pigmentation.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you want me to do an eyeshadow look with one palette, tell me; and tell me what your favourite palette is! I'd love to hear from you too!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment